ANZAED 2017 Conference Workshop Presentation by Anthea Fursland, Stephen Touyz, and June Alexander
This workshop will attempt to address some extremely difficult, challenging and important questions, such as:
- What are the criteria for Severe and Enduring Anorexia Nervosa (SEAN)?
- Should we tailor treatments for SEAN?
- Should we give up on full recovery and aim for less?
- Should we deny treatment because of the complexity/chronicity of someone’s illness?
- Should we “allow” palliative care/death?
- Whose wishes should we follow? – and if so, at what point?
Severe and Enduring Anorexia Nervosa – What are our goals and should we ever give up? promises to be an important and challenging workshop for those involved in the treatment of this complex patient group.
To register for the conference, visit: http://conference.2017.
For more on SEAN, go to:https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.
Diana has experienced eating disorders and recovery firsthand, with herself and her daughter. She co-founded The Diary Healer website with June Alexander and has written several blog posts based on her personal experiences in the hope that sharing her stories will give others a sense of community and connection, and give herself some perspective and healing along the way. If you would like to contact Diana, she can be reached at email@example.com