Do you want to write your story but feel in need of emotional support and writing guidance? Or perhaps you do not know how and where to start, or what to include and discard? Or maybe you have made a draft and need guidance on what to do next in improving the story line and narrative flow?
This is where I can help you as a writing mentor. You may enjoy writing and require a little coaching to add finesse to your story, or perhaps you have not written a word for decades, but your family is encouraging you to ‘write your story’. The level, or lack of, writing skills does not matter. Everyone has a story to tell. It is the process of telling your story and ‘how’ it is told that makes the difference, and this is where I can assist and offer guidance.
How One-on-One Mentoring Can Help You
Professional one-on-one memoir mentoring offers numerous benefits. As a first step, I invite you to briefly reflect on what help you require, and why you want to write your story.
- Do you want to write your life story generally, or about a specific part of your life such as a relationship, career or travel, or about an illness or traumatic experience, and need assistance to get started? Do you have a special message to deliver in your story? Have you accomplished some initial work and would like advice on how to proceed? Have you got bogged down? Have you completed your work and want to refine it, in readiness to share with others or for your own satisfaction?
- Who is your envisaged audience? Are you writing your memoir for your own healing, self-growth and satisfaction? To share with family members? To share with others with similar experience to yourself? Or to share with the world?
- How do you plan to share your story? Post it online, or self-publish as an e-book, or paperback? Or do you hope to submit your manuscript to a mainstream or academic publisher? As a writing mentor, I can assist you with every stage of preparation and help you decide which formatting option is best suited for you.
- What kind of mentoring are you looking for?
For instance, I provide:
- Emotional support and encouragement in getting started and completing your memoir;
- Guidance in resource gathering and mapping your narrative;
- Assistance with writing techniques;
- Final editing and checking;
- Help with the entire writing process, from planning the concept to completion of the manuscript.
At all times you may expect:
- Clear and objective editing and responses tracked/written in a constructive, supportive manner.
- Overviews, taking into account your literary work’s weaknesses and strengths.
- Guidance on how to improve literary and research methods and develop your narrative skills.
- Prompt turnaround of submitted work.
- Opportunity for regular, supportive discussion: besides email, Skype or phone sessions can be arranged.
- Support tailored to guide you in reaching that magical moment when you hold your memoir in your hands and celebrate your achievement.
Get Started – Arrange Your Free Initial Consultation Today
Make this the year you write your memoir!
To arrange your free initial consultation: click here
Your initial consultation, to discuss how I can assist you in creating your memoir, is free.
Following the initial consultation, my mentoring fee is $US80/hour, payable two hours in advance.
You can pre-pay here.