How mentoring can help you
Professional one-on-one memoir mentoring offers numerous benefits. As a first step, I invite you to briefly reflect on what help you require, and why you want to write your story:
- Do you want to write your life story generally, or about a specific part of your life such as a relationship, career or travel, or about an illness or traumatic experience? Do you have a special message to deliver ? Have you accomplished some initial work and seek advice on how to proceed? Have you completed your work and want to refine it, to share with others or for your own satisfaction?
- Why do you want to write your story and who is your envisaged audience?
- How do you plan to share your story? Online, self-publish as an e-book, or paperback? Or submit your manuscript to a publisher?
- What kind of mentoring are you looking for?
As your writing mentor, I can assist with every stage of preparation. For instance, I provide:
- Emotional support and encouragement in getting started and completing your memoir;
- Guidance in resource gathering and mapping your narrative;
- Assistance with writing techniques;
- Final editing and checking;
- Help with the entire writing process, from planning to completion of the manuscript.
At all times you may expect:
- Clear and objective editing and responses.
- Overviews, taking into account your literary work’s weaknesses and strengths.
- Guidance on improving literary and research methods and developing narrative skills.
- Prompt turnaround of submitted work.
- Opportunity for regular discussion via email, Skype or phone.
- Support tailored to guide you to that magical moment when you hold your memoir and celebrate your achievement.
Your initial consultation, to discuss how I can assist you in creating your memoir, is free. Following the initial consultation, my mentoring fee is $US80/hour, payable two hours in advance. You can pre-pay here.